1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
2. What information do we collect?
If you choose to make a booking through us we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking. Information held is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific travel requirements. If you choose to let your holiday accommodation with us we will collect details such as your name, contact details, bank account details and details regarding the accommodation you wish to let. We also collect website usage information. We do this using cookies (see section 9 below).
3. How do we use your information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to enable us to complete your booking (if you are booking a holiday);
- to enable us to advertise your holiday accommodation, transfer payments due to you and to provide related support services (if you are letting your holiday accommodation through us);
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services;
- to personalise repeat visits to our websites;
- to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you (see section 6 below);
- to manage customer service queries; and
- to help us to provide details or information you may have requested.
4. Who will you share my information with?
In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer we may share your information with:
- other members of our group of companies and their service providers (see also section 5);
- credit/debit card companies;
- our preferred insurance provider(s) (if you purchase the personal travel insurance policy we offer); and
- other third parties who we may need to work with to fulfil travel plans on your behalf, for example, resorts, management companies, owner's associations, airlines, villa owners and other suppliers.
If you agree, we may also pass on your information for the purposes of conducting a credit check.
We may also pass on your information to our group of companies and selected third parties so that they may offer you their products and services or in connection with any marketing initiatives we have in place with third parties.
5. How do you manage my information?
We may from time to time appoint other members of our group of companies, or third party service providers, to help us manage efficient systems within the business. Some of these systems may for operational reasons be located in countries overseas. We will only transfer your information to service providers who help manage our systems, or overseas, where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and compliance with applicable privacy laws.
6. When can we contact you in the future?
We would like to send you information about our own products and services, as well as those of selected third parties. We may do this by post, telephone, email or SMS, unless you have told us that you do not wish to be contacted in this way. We will always ask you to confirm in advance that you are happy for us to allow third parties to contact you by email.
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
8. "Tell a friend" programme
We may from time to time ask you if you would like to tell us about a friend or family member whom you think may be interested in our products and services. In this case, we will ask you for your friend's name and contact details. We will then send your friend a one-time communication to see whether our products and services may be of interest to them. We do not access or store their details other than to send this initial communication.
9. What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. You can set your browser not to accept cookies but if you do this not all features of our website may function effectively. For further information on cookies and how to disable your browser visit aboutcookies.org
10. How can you access and update your information?
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the address below. Please note that we may charge a small administrative fee for the provision of this information.
Villas4You, PO Box 1310, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 9QH
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
11. Does the policy apply to linked websites?
12. When do you monitor telephone calls?
We may from time to time record telephone calls you have with members or our staff for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service.
By email: email@example.com
Or write to us at Villas4You, PO Box 1310, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 9QH